Bias costs organizations billions in lost productivity, high turnover, and low morale, not to mention the risk of expensive litigation.
Getting rid of bias is within our control. It is not a mystery. It is a choice and we each have the power to make that choice.
This DVD-based course, featuring Dr. Sondra Thiederman, targets the more subtle forms of bias that insidiously undermine our ability to build truly inclusive workplaces. Is It Bias? Making Diversity Work
can become the cornerstone for new training initiatives in diversity and inclusion or to enhance your existing curriculum. The course is designed to provide:
Also from Dr. Thiederman..
- Skills for identifying bias in oneself and others.
- Immediately applicable tools for both reducing biases and controlling their impact on how we treat people who are different from ourselves.
- Practical strategies to help managers deal with subtle and unconscious bias in the workplace.
- Awareness that we each have the power and the responsibility to spot biases in our thinking and, in turn, to control the inappropriate behaviors that those biased attitudes create.
Gateways to Inclusion - DVD Classroom Training Program
Click here for more infomation
E-Learning Courses - Is It Bias? Making Diversity Work and Bias Reduction: Taking The Next Steps.
Click here for these MAPS e-courses.
For more information about Dr. Thiederman and her workshops Click here
Course Package includes:
- Is It Bias? Making Diversity Work (17-minute video)
- Bias Reduction: Taking It to the Next Step (4 commentaries, 17 minutes)
- How to Deal with Bias as a Manager (2 vignettes)
- Comprehensive 76-page leader's guide with training designs for a 2½ hour or a 1½ hour Is It Bias? Workshop
- 45-minute Bias Reduction Lunch and Learn
- 20-minute module on How to Deal with Bias as a Manager
- PowerPoint Presentation is included for each session.