Hiring good employees isn't enough in today's competitive labor market. Managers and organizations have to focus on strategies for keeping their best employees on the job. To remain loyal to an organization, good employees want and need:
Video Synopsis After the Hire: Retaining Good Employees
- Clear expectations and performance measurements
- Time to give and get feedback
- Rewards and recognition
- Challenges and opportunities for the future
features a well meaning and successful manager, Nancy Sullivan, who loses one of her best employees, Nicole Reed. Nancy has the unique opportunity to hear first-hand from her employee just what was missing and what could have been done to keep Nicole on the job. Losing a valued employee, although unfortunate, helps Nancy understand how to keep the rest of her best employees.
How the Video Can Be Used
The video and accompanying material can be used in the development of new managers and supervisors, as well as on-going training for current managers and supervisors. Top management can also benefit from viewing this video, which can serve as a reminder of the importance of keeping valued employees.
This program can be used to create employee retention strategies, as well as in defining critical actions for managers to take in an effort to keep good employees performing at their best and loyal to your organization.
Upon completion of this video development program, participants should:
Video Development Program includes:
- Understand the importance of retaining good employees
- Communicate clear performance expectations
- Set measurable performance standards
- Take time to give employees performance feedback
- Take time to listen and get feedback from employees
- Reward and recognize employees' good work
- Find opportunities and challenges for valued employees
- Make retaining good employees a top priority
Facilitator Guide, Downloadable PowerPoint presentation .